Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's not what you have in your life, but WHO you have in your life...

So tomorrow is the big day. Day #1 of my second year of law school. I am taking Evidence, Criminal Procedure, Texas Juvenile Law, Personal Responsibility, & Immigration Law. I am going to be super busy between all of those, keeping up with my reading, & also with work. I know I can do it, though. I just gotta keep my focus!

Don’t really have much else to say aside from that. My life will now officially be mundane & boring..because I will be doing the same thing day in/day out. I don’t really talk too much about my classes or anything because I am sure most people don’t care to hear about it. If they were interested in hearing about law, they would probably be in law school. So yeah…I will keep my boring law related talk to a minimum! Besides..that’s what my law school friends are for.

Umm. Hmm. So the quote on my daily devotional is kind of ironic. It is this: “Before you tell someone your troubles, take time to listen to his.” Then it is followed with this Bible verse: “Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak.” James 1:19. Guess that is God’s way of telling me that I need to be a better listener..which is something that I discussed in depth yesterday. I apologize for not always being a great listener to my loved ones. I am only human, though. Not that that is an excuse..but “a thousand times I’ve failed..and still YOUR mercy remains.” God’s mercy. He died on the cross for me. For you. For us. Because we sin. We fall short of the glory of God on a daily basis. Regularly. 24/7. I do. And so do you. So that is one of the ways that I fall short. I talk talk talk..instead of doing more listening. So I made a decision yesterday..that I am going to really lay off the “me me me” convo & just try to listen more & be more attentive. And..ironically..the quotes for tomorrow are this: “God loves us the way we are, but too much to leave us that way.” And the Bible verse is: “God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8. Powerful. Salvation. Free to us…but costly to God. I struggle everyday just like the best of them. I am by no means perfect. And I don’t live to be. I know I am not. There is always room for improvement. But it helps if there is faith. Faith from others. Faith from your loved ones. And faith in your own self. I have come a long way from where I was 8 months ago..& I am continuing to grow. Not past tense, continued. But, CONTINUING. It’s a work in progress…

I feel very blahhh right now. I have a surge of mixed emotions going on, & I think this week is going to be kind of roller coaster-ish & hard to deal with..but…it’s out of my control. The ball is out of my park.

A few quotes:
“Before we can have a successful relationship with anyone, we first need a perfect personal relationship.”

“When you struggle with your partner, you are struggling with yourself. Every fault you see in them touches a denied weakness in yourself.”

“An argument is always about what has been made more important than the relationship.”

Ever feel like there are things that you wish you could just tell people? Like small things that come up & bother you in your life? Things that really aren't a big deal, but you would just feel better if someone knew? But you refrain from telling people those things because you know that no one will get it..no one will understand..& people will probably just think you are stupid, over-exaggerating, or just down-right dumb? Or maybe you feel as though you will simply burden them by telling them whatever is on your heart? I feel that way sometimes. I honestly feel like sometimes no one understands me. Not even me sometimes. ha. But I guess all that matters is that I don't have to keep anything bottled up. God knows. And I can talk to Him. That helps a lot.

I don't know where I am going anymore. I sometimes question my future. I know that law is where my heart is. I want this degree more than anything. But I am a little uncertain as to what exactly I want to do with it sometimes. I know I wanna practice law for a bit, but not forever. I think the FBI/CIA would be cool. Maybe even being a judge one day? IDK. Some people tell me not to think about these things..but since job interviewing starts the second year, I kind of have to. I have a lot of big decisions on my plate. Who knows where I will be in two years...I may not even be in Texas. There is no telling.

K now I am just rambling. I am tired. So I am going to bed. Goodnight blog readers. Hope this wasn't too boring of a read!

0 comments: