Monday, August 24, 2009

"There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love...”

So today was the first day back of my 2nd year of law school. I must say that I have never been as exhausted as I was today..in a long time. I stayed up late doing homework last night, then had 4 classes plus work today. I have 8-5 days every day now..which is fine..except that unlike most people, my day doesn't end there..cuz I still have oodles & oodles of hw to do when I get home. Ickk! I keep on thinking man, when am I going to have any "me" time in there this semester? And the answer is..who knows! But, regardless, I have a feeling that this year will be a good year. There is no where to go but up!

I think law school is a test for a lot of people. It tests friendships..relationships with significant others...relationships with your families..& even the relationship that you have with God & yourself. It is very easy to fall off of track with any of those things. A lot of friendships/relationships end because the person on the oppposite end feels neglected or just doesn't understand how law school school consumes a person's life. I had relationships of my own end when I started law school. Though the hardest year is over (year number one) I know that this year will not be easy either. I just hope that the people who love me, TRULY love me, stick by my side...always.

I am kind of lonely feeling today. I felt like today I was just going through the motions. Weird feeling really. I feel like a broken mess inside. I feel like there is so much on my mind....guess reading will help clear it up a bit, though.

here is a poem I wrote once, that kind of seems fitting for how I am feeling at the moment:

I'm a big ball of emotions,
But no one seems to care.
My heart yearns to speak out,
It has many secrets to share.
I want to tell you how I feel,
But it's not that easy, you see.
No one understands these feelings,
No one, not even me.
I have the perfect life,
But sometimes that isn't enough.
I might appear to be strong,
But in reality, I'm far from tough.
I am but twenty-three years old,
But yet I feel so helpless and small.
Sinking in a pool of emotions,
I slowly begin to fall.
Tears cloud my eyes,
Uncontrollably I weep.
Slowly I bury my tear stained face,
In my pillow I cry to sleep.

Anyway...that's all I got folks. Thanks for those of you who called/emailed/texted me well wishes for the new school year. Law school is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, & one thing I have learned over the last year, is that it is so important to me to have my loved ones there...supporting me, encouraging me, & being there for me..every step of the way. I think today I was made well aware of the people who truly care..& for that I will be forever thankful.

Blessings to all.

0 comments: