Tuesday, October 6, 2009

You can plan a pretty picnic but you can't predict the weather...

Have you ever woken up from a really good dream & just tried to go back to sleep? Or had the flu & you promise yourself that you'll appreciate when you're in good health so much more if you could just get back to it? That's the way I feel; I just want things to go back to the way they were.

Here's a quote from Everwood..& I think it's pretty on point!:

"The more things change, the more they stay the same." I'm not sure who was the first person was who said that, probably Shakespeare or maybe Sting, but at the moment that sentence that best explains my tragic flaw--my inability to change. I don't think I'm wrong in this. The more I get to know other people, the more I realize it's kind of everyone's flaw. Staying exactly the same for as long as possible. Standing perfectly still, it feels better somehow. And if you are suffering, at least the pain is familiar, because if you took that leap of faith, went outside the box, did something unexpected, who knows what other pain might be waiting out there; chances are could be even worse. So you maintain the status quo, choose the road already traveled, and it doesn't seem that bad--not as far as flaws go--you're not a drug addict, not killing anyone, except maybe yourself, a little. When we finally do change, I don't think it happens like an earthquake, or an explosion, or all of a sudden you're like this different person. I think it's smaller than that, the kind of thing most people wouldn't even notice unless they look really really close. Which thank God they never do, but you notice it. Inside you, that change feels like a world of difference and you hope that it is, and that this is a person that you get to be forever, that you'll never have to change again."

My life has been so crazy the past few days! I got into a car accident last night. My first one as a driver. I had just gotten done working out at the rec, went to get some HEALTHY food from this place called Bless Your Heart, & I was driving on the road that runs right by the restaurant & near the Covenant Hospital. I waited until all the cars were gone & pulled out. Not sure what happened after that because it all happened so fast. Out of no where I was hit by another car. The impact was hard. So hard, in fact, that my hair (which was in a pony tail) flew out of the pony tail holder. My steering wheel cover also flew off. My books came out of my backpack & the pages all got bent. My laptop flew open. My sandwich that was a sandwich...wasn't a sandwich anymore. My car did a complete 180 in the middle of the intersection after I was hit, & I ended facing oncoming traffic. For several minutes cars just kept passing by me. No one stopped. That was seriously the scariest moment of my life. I felt so helpless..just sitting in the car, all alone, not sure if I am hurt or what just happened, & seeing more cars heading towards me. I really honestly thought I might die! Then this lady pulled over & opens my car door. She tries to calm me down. I was trying to get up & get out of the car. She told me to sit still, that my adrenaline was rushing & that I didn't need to move because I might be hurt & not know it. She was trying to calm me down & then I just started crying. And not just crying..BAWLING! Then the EMS showed up..along with a firetruck..& several police officers. Once I realized that I was okay, I started asking about the other car. Where was it? Had anyone seen it? Several witnesses said they thought it had pulled into the hospital parking lot, but then another person said that after that, the car drove off. Turns out that is exactly what happened. It was a hit & run. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that someone literally T-boned my car..hit on the driver's backside & messed up my car (to the point where it could possibly be totaled) & then just drove away like it was no big deal. Geez..some people are just jerks, I tell ya! It's sad that people who don't have insurance would rather drive away..when all you get for having no insurance is a CITATION! Today, however, I found out that the wrecker who picked up my car, also picked up another car TWO BLOCKS AWAY from the accident! Sound suspicious? Hm..I think so, too! I called the police & reported it..so we will see. They gave me a case number & everything since it's now a hit & run investigation. I hope that the car that was picked up turns out to be the person who hit me...although I'm not sure if anything can be done about it now since a report has already been filed, & I have already made an insurance claim. But...I don't care. I will feel better just reporting it..because if it turns out that it WAS them who hit me, then they could get a citation for failure to stop & render aid...or other things. But...seriously..I am just glad to be alive. The EMS guy told me that when they came & got me out of the car. The wreck could have been much worse. Cars are replaceable..my life is not. It sucks to have to be car-less for awhile & have to worry about insurance crap & deal with all of this mess...but if I would have died last night, I wouldn't be dealing with ANYTHING! I think that seriously messed with my head last night. I didn't sleep well because I just kept thinking wow...what if I would have been hit harder..what if my car would have flipped or something? Or what if other cars would have hit me? I guess we can't really worry about what if or could have been...but as a human, sometimes ya just can't help it! My cousin told me last night that God knew that she needed me. I thought that was super sweet. It's so nice to know how many people care about you when something like this happens. It also makes you realize just how short life is....how you never wanna go to bed angry or on bad terms with someone because what if it was the last time you ever spoke to them? Kinda crazy....

0 comments: